a

Monday, December 13, 2010

Baby Shower


My baby shower was about a week ago. We had it at La Costa Mexican restaurant, formally known as Azteca over by the mall. At first this seems like a sort of weird place for a baby shower, but let me tell you it was awesome. First of all, Mexican food! Hello ... yum! Second of all, no clean up or set up on our part. However, it was NOT cheap! A BIG thanks to my parents (and in laws for their help too!) for putting up the funds to pay for this. Planning parties is not my mother's favorite thing but she did a wonderful job of picking out the location, sending out the invites, getting everything put together, and coming up with cute little baby boy/blue decorations. I'm very proud of you mom, thanks a ton! :-)

Me, my "favorite aunt" Theresa, and Mom

Mom in law
I'm very glad that almost everyone was able to make it. It means a lot to me that you ladies who were able to show up did. It means a lot to know that even those of you that I have not seen in forever, and even those of you who I'm not really that close to or don't usually spend that much time with came to support me and troy and our new family. It was so nice to have all the wonderful ladies in my life all in one place for a couple hours. I tried my very best to get around to chat with everyone. It is very important to me that you know how much I appreciate you. There were a lot of people so it was hard to be able to sit down and chat for very long with everyone. I really hope no one felt left out or was upset by how little time it felt like we had to connect that day. Even if I didn't get to talk to you that much it means everything to me that you simply showed up... even if you couldn't stay long. So thank you all so much!


You all brought some wonderful gifts with you too which I am SO thankful for! There's hardly anything left that Troy and I will have to buy to start out. I think we got a wonderful start and our little guy will have everything he needs, and Troy and I will have everything we need to make it easier on us. Thankfully I didn't get too many duplicates! You all did great and I appreciate, so much, each and every thing  you were able to give us, no matter how big or how small. I am also really thankful for those of you who put the time in to make things yourselves. Those are special to me and mean so much! It's so great to have something that was made just for Elijah :-) I love them! Thank you all SO much for everything!! :-)





Oh and thank you everyone for "ooooohing" and "awwwwing" at the right moments ;-) I know it can be VERY boring watching someone open presents for a million years... even when it's cute baby stuff!


I can't wait 'til Eli's here, maybe we can have another party, a "meet the baby" party! That will be loads of fun. I can't wait to meet him, and I can't wait for everyone else in my life to meet him too!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry I couldn't make it; looks like it was a huge success. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete