I was just thinking...
I thought that my "little something extra" and my "curves" (before i was pregnant) were more then just that, sometimes I would get wrapped up in the whole body image issues that I think almost all girls face. I would sometimes feel icky... well frankly fat. I know it was silly, but I had my days. Ha! I look at that now and I'm dreaming of the day when I can have that body back (i sure hope i have that body back!!). 20lbs later (and not just a normal 20lbs, we're talking a growing baby, 20lbs all in my boobs and my belly) I'm laughing at myself for ever thinking that the "before" body was not absolutely dreamy and perfect. It's getting rough being so weighed down all in the front! However, I must admit, it is very exciting. I would not be excited about gaining 20lbs on a normal basis, but I'm getting a son out of this!! And BIG boobs ;-) ... oh actually big boobs are not all they're cracked up to be. I never had really small ones, at least not since high school, but I do understand the thrill that the "flat" girls get from dreaming of big giant boobs. I'm here to testify that they are more of a pain then anything. I think there's a point when they're too big...I dunno if I'm quite there yet, but I'm nearing the point where I'm starting to get concerned with "do they even make a size bigger then this? What's the next letter in the alphabet? Does Vicky's Secret make those? oh my gosh, am I gonna have to get ugly full support bras? Please tell me they make cute ones!!" ;-)
| "Before" |
Next...
It's SO funny watching pregnant ladies try to get off the couch! They have to sort of just flop back into the couch and hope they land right...possibly using a hand behind them on the back of the couch as support. Oh and getting off the couch, that's funny too, the have to take a full minute to scoot to the front edge of the couch then push themselves up and off of it. Oh it is a hoot to watch! Okay, yeah not when it's YOU! alright, I'll admit I still see the humor in it as an outsider watching this whole thing happen, but as the pregnant lady, this is rough. I have to make a plan, think the whole thing out now..."Do I REALLY have time to sit down? Are we going to need to leave soon, if so, there's no point, we'll be late to wherever we're going because I need at least an extra 10mins to get back up." If i finally do decide to sit down I have to sit all these crazy ways to make room for this tummy! It feels like my little guy is being squished up into who knows what. I even get kicks in the ribs to remind me that he's there. I have to sort of recline myself, or sit criss-cross or with my legs apart (like a guy... i have to sit like a guy now!). It's really very weird. I dunno how Elijah even fits in there, it makes no sense to me. Good thing God made babies like tiny little spaces, and made them easy to mush up and fold up...good thing they're flexible.
This makes me think of trying to put on socks and shoes and even pants. I sort of have to stretch my leg out to the side in order to get it up high enough to get a shoe on it. My balance is not so great but I am finding it's actually a little easier to try to get most shoes on mostly standing. I'm having the hardest time doing things while sitting unless there's lots of room to stretch out and contort in weird ways. That would be one advantage to a summer baby... flip flops. That's it, that's all you'd need. But winter = rain, cold and possible snow. That means real shoes are necessary. Is it going to get even more difficult?? I feel like I'm not THAT big compared to other's I've seen who are as far along as I am, but perhaps I'm just in some major denial. I do have at least a full 2 1/2 months 'til the due date, I'm guessing A LOT of growing will happen in those 2 months!
Oh man, and rolling over in bed, or even getting out of bed, that's a whole new adventure for me. I suppose on one hand it is good that Troy's gone (for his sake) and doesn't have to share a bed with me. I don't think he'd ever get any sleep with me tossing and turning and needing 7 pillows. There's no room for him on the bed! Seriously at this point there's one under my head, a body pillow on the front side, a regular pillow under my hip in the back and one more in between my legs. It takes forever to get comfortable, when I finally do, guess who has to get up to go pee! I dread it, I really really do. Then I finally get back, fall asleep and a couple hours later have to roll over because my hip is hurting. That's a process all in itself... trying to roll over. Man! It'll be so weird to just be able to roll over again whenever I want, half asleep then fall right back to sleep afterwards. Ha! It's just all so funny. I never realized how complicated it is to have all this weight only on one side of your body.
The best part of all this is that I'm going to have a little baby boy who will be so cute I might just forget (for a minute or two) how awkward everything was while he was inside. Even better, we'll make another one or some and do it all over again! Apparently being pregnant is a small sacrifice to make for the wonderfully perfect baby we end up with in the end.... until he's a teenager then I'm sure all of this pregnant stuff will come rushing back into my memory ;-)
![]() |
| Me! |
Can't wait to meet him!! I'm so excited and SO ready.

You crack me up! I love your honesty and humor about pregnancy! I promise you'll get your body back after he's born, it just takes a little longer than you might like.
ReplyDeleteWhen I read about the details of your pregnancy it brings back memories from mine and just makes me smile! The igloo of pillows... yes! And then attempting to fling your unbalanced pregnant self out of bed because you have to pee NOW, that's awkward! Hahaha
Just be thankful you are not having twins.
ReplyDelete