I think I've found my "thing". Some women have horrible morning sickness, or severe migraines, or other things that I can't even imagine that could be worse. Well my "thing" is horrible hip pain. My hips have hurt almost since the beginning, mostly at night when I slept. It wasn't too painful just really uncomfortable. Well now it feels like a sudden change occurred and I'm just in pain! Yesterday was horrible. All day long my hips were sore and hurting, especially the left one. It was worse when i was up walking around. As soon as I sat down i felt 100% better. But trying to sleep last night was a disaster. I think the only reason I finally crashed was because I was simply exhausted. I was in a lot of pain and tried everything i could think of, and every arrangement of pillows... nothing helped! Poor Troy, I'm sure i woke him up a million times last night!
After yesterday I decided just maybe it's something to worry about, so like I do with everything else, I Googled it. Basically what i found out is it's pretty normal, especially toward the second and third trimester to feel more hip pain. Turns out it's basically hormones cause the ligaments and muscles and joints to relax in preparation for birth. Unfortunately this can cause pain. A few websites offer some advice to help relieve this pain, however, it doesn't seem to be working for me :-(
The pillows do provide SOME minor relief... so i guess that's good.
Other then that, I'm just counting down the days 'til we find out if we're being blessed with a boy or a girl :-)
20 weeks 1day... the baby bump is coming slowly but surely!

Hope you find some comfort soon. Maybe yoga? Cute belly bump!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting that you're 20 weeks! You look great! My sister let me borrow her pregnancy pillow while I was in my 3rd trimester and that thing was AMAZING. They're spendy, and maybe a body pillow can do the same thing, but I loved it. It just might be worth it for you to invest in one! I even brought mine down to California when Blake got home from Iraq! I was always barricaded in an igloo of pillows!
ReplyDeleteAlso, you can take really low amounts of Tylenol, I can't remember exactly, but you can ask your dr!
gotta love that relaxin hormone! Heat, massage, stretching... but it will probably subside some as soon as you hips have expanded to accomodate baby more.
ReplyDeleteCarolyn :)