So I went shopping today for the first time since I found out I was pregnant. Well maybe that wasn't the best idea... I'm 15 and a half weeks today and my tummy is not exactly what I would call a baby bump, but it's definitely not what it used to be. I feel like its growing fatter and fatter every day. Only a little at a time, but enough that I notice it. I think to anyone else it just looks like I eat too many burgers and drink too many beers, but to me, its the beginning of a baby bump. So how does this affect my shopping trip? Well, my boobs are getting bigger too, and my tummy is getting bigger. So I'm still in a medium size shirt, but it's too tight in the boobs and getting tight in the tummy, especially if it's something with buttons downt the front. I didn't even bother trying on pants, no way! I think I'll wait til I need some maternity clothes to do another shopping trip!
I bought a belly band, Bella band, beband thingy at Target. Oh, it's the Beband at Target and the Bella Band other places. Target's is the same thing just way cheaper. I bought one and thought I'd try it out, see if i like it. Today I took it for it's first test run. Awesome!! Seriously. My favorite jeans, which i could barely button, and could not even dream of sitting down in, i left unbuttoned and put the beband over them, what a brilliant idea. I wore my fave jeans around all day. The only issue I ran into was sitting down in the car, then getting back up, ever once in a while it'd kinda roll over itself, so I'd have to straighten it out a little. but some of that i think was because of how i was wearing it. Basically i put it on under my jeans, so that about half of it was under, then i folded the other half down over the top of my jeans. I'll have to play around with it and see what else works.
I didn't even explain what this is. Basically it's an elastic band that goes around your tummy and the idea is that during early pregnancy it allows you to leave your preprego jeans unbuttoned/unzipped and the band covers the zipper and button area so no one knows your jeans aren't done up. It also helps hide it and gives you a smooth look under your shirts. Once your really big and pregnant looking you can use it stretched over the whole tummy (or most of it) which will allow you to wear your preprego shirts longer, basically it'll give you an adjustable layered look with your shirts, so you don't have to buy new ones. Then after the baby comes and you can't fit into your pre prego jeans, but your maternity jeans are just too big, it can be used in kinda the same way you used it at the beginning to hold your maternity jeans up. The idea is paying 17 bucks to let you keep most of your old clothes, saving money cuz you wont have to buy as many maternity clothes. Pretty brilliant if you ask me. It seems to work so far!
...and Taaaadaaaa! Looks like I'm just wearing a white T under a black T. The layered look that everyone is into now. Pretty sweet don't ya think!?





Super cute. And smart!
ReplyDelete