a

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Flowers from Afghanistan

I know I've said it a million times already, but I do have the sweetest husband ever!


Yesterday to the front door came a flower delivery lady with flowers for me. I thought this was kinda weird and I was honestly a little freaked out... who would send me flowers? A crazy ex? A "welcome home" gift? A congratulations on baby gift? I had no idea. Of course mom said, "well I'm sure they're from troy! duh!" I replied with, "well yeah but how would he have sent flowers? He wouldn't use his ph minutes for that would he? and the Internet has got to be WAY too slow..." and of course... they were from him!

The most romantic thing ever!
A husband in Afghanistan, a war zone, in the Marine Corp separated from his fairly new wife of just over one year who's pregnant with their first baby sends flowers to her with a card saying that she's the most beautiful woman and the best thing in his life. He just wanted to send them to make her smile.


Aw! it makes me want to cry just thinking about it! He's so sweet. I found out later he used almost his whole lunch break just trying to log on to the EXTREMELY slow Internet to find some flowers to send to me just because he knew it'd make me smile. awwwww :-)


Then my dumb butt was so excited that he got to call me last night I almost forgot to thank him for the flowers!! Silly silly me! Between this pregnancy and this deployment I think I am losing my mind. Besides the fact that I love Troy so much he still makes me giddy and silly to this day :-) So all hope of remembering to tell him anything worth while is lost when he calls me. I just get too excited that it's him. It makes me stumble around to find the right words to say... i feel like i have a school girl crush. Aw I love him :-)

(And not just because he sends me flowers)

1 comment: