| 2010 10 20 - 26weeks |
I just realized that I have not talked about pregnancy or the baby in a while... or at least it feels that way. Reason being, it feels like nothing is really happening right now. I don't even think my tummy is getting much bigger. Perhaps it's because I'm with myself all the time and see myself all the time, that's why I don't really notice the change in size. Even in the pictures, to me, I don't look all that much bigger week to week. Not that it's a bad thing or anything. I mean, I'm already having trouble getting off the couch and putting my shoes on... no clothes fit me. The few maternity things I've bought fit of course, but it's really starting to get cold and raining and just blah outside. For some reason I just can't bring myself to spend the money to buy a coat or a hoody or something like that that will actually fit nicely. My hoodies still fit and by fit i mean very snugly... maybe that's why. Or maybe I'm just in denial and don't want to get huge and REALLY uncomfortable. I have only 3 more months and I think I'm sort of dreading those last 3 months because I've heard they're the worst. You're at your biggest and most awkward and you're just ready to be done with the pregnancy... I'm not necessarily looking forward to that part. However, I am REALLY looking forward to this baby! I want him here already :-)
I was looking at my belly button the other day and decided now is the time to place bets on whether it's going to pop out or if it's just going to stretch out so far to the point where i don't have a belly button and it's just flush with my skin... sorta like an "outie" instead of an "innie". I think that it's just going to turn into an "outie" and not actually pop out. This is another way I can tell my tummy is getting bigger. Pre pregnancy my belly button was an "innie" and it was really small and went in really far. Then it started to stretch out so it was a bigger belly button but still an "innie". Over time the "innie" has slowly worked it's way out. Now it's not as deep as it was before. I just looked the other day and now my belly button is so shallow that it's only a matter of time before it doesn't even exist anymore. Does it go back to normal afterwards!? I would assume so, but I really don't know. Belly buttons sure are weird! I wonder how long it'll take before I don't have one anymore and how alien-ish it'll look. I've never seen anyone without a belly button and it's not like a spend a lot of time around a lot of pregnant women to see what their belly buttons look like... shoot, the only reason I even know they pop out sometimes is because you see the cute pregnant women who are almost done and you look at their huge tummies and see a little thing poking out right where there belly button used to be... obviously it's been stretched so far it popped right out!
Well, little Elijah still moves around a lot. It was very cool the other night I had my hand on my tummy to feel him and instead of real quick sudden kicks I felt him actually moving around in there. I dunno if that would make sense to anyone who's not been pregnant before, but the best way I can explain is if you took something stretchy, like a blown up balloon and had someone stand inside it then push their fist out and run it along the whole outside while you stand outside the balloon and feel it... lol that's the best I can do! It was really freaky but really cool. Sometimes I actually wish he moved more. I don't feel him much during the day. Mostly at night when I finally lay down I feel him. He is starting to move around a lot up toward my ribs. Over the last two days mostly I've felt him actually "kick" under my ribs. It's actually pretty uncomfortable. And the other night he did something crazy that actually tickled. It felt just like someone was tickling the side of my tummy. It's just so cool! I wonder if he'll be a calm, chilled personality when he comes out too. Maybe God's gonna give me a break and bless me with a perfectly behaved little guy who doesn't fuss too much. ha! we'll see! ;-)
My bet: it pops! My mom says that's how you know the baby's done, haha! Mine went back to normal!
ReplyDelete