a

Friday, October 15, 2010

... Just a few thoughts

Well thank you gals for your comments, it makes me feel much better to be reminded that I'm not the only one in the whole world who's been pregnant. Obviously that would be ridiculous to think anyways, but sometimes it feels that way! So thank you very much :-) and thank you for the support on the body image, weight gain/loss, that helps a ton also!

Today's adventure consisted of a nice walk with my mom and my "favorite aunt" along the waterfront (the Vancouver side) then a stop at the coffee shot and a long chat over bagels and cream cheese. What a nice way to start the day! It was a little chilly out, but once we got to walking we heated up rather quickly.

(I didn't take this pic b/c I forgot my camera so I'm in no way taking credit for it but this is what today looked like)


I do love spending all this time with my mom and Theresa. It's great to finally be old enough to be included in the adult conversations and activities. It's been that way for a while now, however, now that I've been married for a year and have a baby on the way I feel even closer to them as far as being able to relate to and understand more of the life situations that grown women face... if that makes sense. It's really nice to build this whole new relationship with both of them, a relationship that's more grown up and mature. I feel much more of a friend then a child. It's so nice considering with a lot of people my age I feel like I'm in a bit of an awkward stage. Most of them are not married, they're in college and playing around with their partying days, and most do not have children. There are a few that do share the same experience I'm in, but with most of them I feel a little out of place, like I can get along better with the "old" people and the moms. So often I feel a little weird and kinda left out because my age is 21 but in my experience and my mentality i feel like I should be nearing my 30s.

(I didn't take this one either! But it is beautiful and give props to the photographer)
Later in the evening my mom and I decided to make what was originally suppose to be a quick trip to BabiesRus. Well we're silly how could we possibly think that it'd be a quick trip! Hellooooo! Well I had to pick up a gift for another baby shower, so we thought we'd pop in and pop out... ohhh noooo. There are WAY too many cute baby boy clothes there! I looked online today to try to add some clothes to my registry (which by the way my registry is a little long and has a lot of stuff on it compared to the others I've seen lately, but I'm intending to use it as a list for myself to try to remember some of the things I looked at and liked if I don't end up getting them during the shower). I had no clothes on my registry at all. Well, online they didn't have much of a selection, or perhaps i was just so tired of looking online that i was burnt out and couldn't see anything anymore. Wow we found such cute things and ended up getting a registry gun and zapping everything we saw! It was awesome! I can't wait 'til he's here and we can see him in all his cuteness. Aw it'll be so wonderful :-)

... Some belly pics to come soon! I have a couple, I've been really bad about making people take them, It's not THAT huge yet, but big enough to count as a real prego belly now I think! I just have to load them on the computer.


2 comments:

  1. when i was 21, i used to feel that way too. i was married then, so i used to throw that mrs. [old last name] title around to give myself gravitas that i didn't feel like i had otherwise.

    when i was in undergrad, i had a lot of friends who were young navy wives. they sort of formed a support group for themselves, since they were in such a unique situation for being 19, 20, 21, etc. do you have a group like that? that might help with the left-out feeling.

    love this blog - thanks for sharing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny - I'll be 30 next month and still am not sure I'm ready for kids! I definitely got my partying done in college, but something about being a mom scares the crap out of me.

    The only advice I can offer you is from being a nurse: everything you're body is going through is healthy and normal. It's awesome you have such a strong female support system around you.

    ReplyDelete