Ha what a fabulous day!
A day full of girls/women! I love it! First we had my cousin's baby shower, which was super fun, she's about a month or so ahead of me in her pregnancy and she's looking absolutely adorable! I'm sure she doesn't feel that way, but she looks it :-)
After that, a candle party with some other friends, Shelly, Roxanne, and Marilyn who have been such an amazing and wonderful influence in my life, whether they know it or not. I look up to each of you and admire you. I'm thankful to have you. They gave me the sweetest gift ever! Between the three of them they created a necklace with Troy's name and Eli's name and said, "it's to wear so you'll have them close to your heart." aw! seriously, if it didn't show i apologize, but it was the sweetest thing and almost brought tears to my eyes! I love you gals and thank you SO much for thinking of me! :-)
Best of all, I just got to Skype with Troy with the webcam!! yay! I finally got to see him and his newly shaved head!!! Apparently with all the dust and the heat it was just easier to hack it all off. He looks great of course... well I think so because to me he'll always be the best looking man i know! But it is a little weird to see his hair gone! I do love his hair :-)
So I'm flying high right now, I don't think I smile at any other time ever as much as I do when I see him and when I'm with him. He really is my light. I love you hunny! He keeps asking to see my belly any chance he gets to see me which i love! I think it's wonderful that he wants to be a part of this pregnancy even a bazillion miles away. He's so great and is remaining so positive. Today he says, "only 13 more paychecks 'til I'm home!" I'm so proud of him for being so positive. I have not heard a single word of devastation from him since he left. This keeps my spirits up as well. I just hope and pray every day that I'll get to hear from him or see him. Waiting an entire week last week to talk to him was devastatingly long. It was one of the worst weeks of all time and unfortunately I am preparing myself for that to happen again, although I'm praying it doesn't.
I do have a picture of my belly...
So glad you had a great day, and that you like the necklace. When I first went back to work I wore the one I have (with Jack & Logan's names on it) every.single.day so that even though I wasn't with them, they were with me.
ReplyDelete:)