I just have to take a second to put it out there, mostly just to make you all jealous ;-) , that I officially have the sweetest hubby of them all. Despite my dramatic mood swings... which are definitely are in full swing!... he still loves me and still wants to do what he can to remind me that everything is going to be okay even though we've been through a few more tussles then normal lately. He had a work thing, basically had to be gone for 24hrs, he left on Friday morning and got to come back home on Saturday morning.
Saturday morning, I'm sleeping still, it's about 9am, suddenly something wakes me up and I look over and Troy's crouched down beside the bed (like he was trying to sneak up on me and saw me move so he ducked down, but unfortunately for him, i saw him...busted!) with two bouquets of roses! How sweet! He stood up, gave me a big kiss, told me how he missed me while he was at work.... aw it was the sweetest thing! Later after showering and getting ready for the day, I come out to the kitchen and he's already trimmed the roses, put them in a vase and added a few colorful daisies to the bunch. It was so sweet of him! A much needed reminder of his appreciation and love. I've been feeling more then just a little like a crazy loon lately. Between the dramatic and nonsensical mood swings and the stress of the upcoming deployment. I've definitely not been the nicest person to be around so it was really nice to see that he still wants to do sweet things like this for me even though we're going through a bit of a rough time and even though I'm a bit of a snooty pants. **sigh... gosh I love him :-)
So back to prego talk...
I'm noticing extreme mood swings lately. Seriously... it's like PMS on overload. I cannot even begin to explain it, especially to a guy. I think the boys think it's fake... I've heard too many jokes about how PMS is something we ladies make up just to be able to be snooty for a while. Well apparently the same thing is happening with pregnancy and it's REAL. Seriously, there's like a million hormones coursing through my body, the combination of them must be making me crazy! So one second I'll be sitting here laughing, feeling great, five minutes later I'll be crying about something, or be freaking out because I'm irritated. It's just too weird to handle! Hopefully it'll calm down a little.
A little side note, I found the latest (i think it's the latest) edition of "What to Expect When You're Expecting"
on Amazon.com for like 4 bucks! Total score! However, you'll find it's sorta silly but you'll pay the same or a little more for shipping. But still under 10 dollars for a book i saw at Barnes and Noble for about 30 dollars. Sounds good to me!
Oh my gosh, and don't even get me started on the food thing! Wow, We've been so bad lately! I think one of the most difficult things for me to do is eat really healthy. I'm a sucker for junk food, empty calories, fast food, oooh and ice cream! I LOVE it all! It's just so delicious. I will be the first to admit though, it's disgusting, horrible for your body, and makes you feel like crap after you eat it. Most of the time I can stop myself from eating this stuff because I just flat out won't buy it. Since I'm the one doing the grocery shopping, it's pretty easy. However, lately I have not felt like doing anything, I mean seriously, by the time 6pm roles around, and it's time to make dinner, that's the LAST thing I want to do. So Troy and I have been eating out almost all week. It's horrible. I'm starting to feel even worse then I ever thought I could. Not to mention it's been ages since I've eaten this way, and my body just hates it now. So, first thing's first, back to our normal healthy eating habits.
I know, for my baby's health I'll need to gain weight, but not like this. Not straight up empty calories and fat that will do nothing for me and nothing for our baby. So back to the list of good food to eat that the Dr gave me. Which actually, I'm worrying about that. I'm worried about not getting all the nutrients I'll need to get. Frankly I just don't feel like eating all the things I should eat. It's more that I just feel to tired to even make something. This as got to quit too. Hopefully my energy level will pick back up soon!



When I was pregnant my appetite almost immediately went away, even in the beginning before the kids were crowding out my insides. I just had no taste for food and I worried I wasn't eating enough. My docs didn't worry though--said as long as the babies are growing as expected that what the scale said didn't matter much. And they recommended nutrient dense foods--beef for protein and iron, peanut butter, nuts, milk, cheese, and ice cream! Things that were high in fat and calories, but also nutrients. By the end I think I was subsisting on Ovaltine and fresh fruit. Your baby will be fine with whatever you have to offer, I'm sure!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you bought a book! I read 'Your Pregnancy Week by Week' and really enjoyed that. I tried 'What to Expect' but it felt scattered. 'Week by Week' lays it out as it's happening, and has a diagram to show how big your baby is every week!
ReplyDeleteSo this might sound crazy but when I was pregnant I kept a food diary. It kept me eating healthy, because I didn't want to write down that I ate an entire bag of Hershey kisses, or birgerville for the 3rd day in a row! Also, my doctor did this analogy that my baby IS what I eat... I didn't want a fried food baby! So I ate more apples than I ever have in my life!! I know it's time consuming to keep a food diary, but I only gained 35 pounds, and I really think that had a lot to do with it!!