When saying that phrase worry wart, is it correct to say "worry wart" or "worry wort" anyone know??
I know this is probably another one of those totally normal things that every mom to be, especially first timers goes through... I feel like I'm worrying about EVERYTHING from what's happening/going to happen to my baby, to what's going on with me. Some of it I admit is probably a little vain and unnecessary but it's becoming hard to help!
I was at the dentist and the assistant told me that I'm more susceptible to gingivitis now that I'm pregnant. If you know me well you know that these perfect teeth didn't happen on their own! I work hard to keep my teeth cavity free, white and healthy. At times i believe it's become sort of an obsession of mine... I mean I won't even switch dentists, I know as soon as something is not "normal", I'm usually the one telling my dentist when there's a suspected cavity or "problem" occurring. I pay too much attention to my teeth, but hopefully I'll keep them all when I'm old because of it. Well I sorta brushed this off (no pun intended) and figured oh sure, that won't happen... but the other night I'm reading one of my pregnancy books, and there it was...
" ...hormones also make the gums more susceptible to plaque and bacteria... possibly leading to gingivitis and even tooth decay." She wasn't kidding! Luckily so far I've seen no negative changes in my mouth, but have been inspired to floss more regularly. As anal as I am about my teeth, I'm still terrible at remembering to floss! It's sorta silly now that I'm writing about it, but I was really freaked out about this possibility.
I've been praying and I know that in my heart I'm putting this baby and myself in God's hands and I'm confident that He'll take care of us, and through Him I should have no worries or fears. But come on! My head doesn't always agree with my heart and my head is taking all this information and creating at times, irrational fears.
Here's another one... something about hair popping up in places that it wasn't as visible before being pregnant. What!? Hello, I have ENOUGH hair! Again, if you know me well, you know that I'm definitely Dutch and German (that's what I'm blaming it on) and the hair is everywhere, thick and dark. It's been a problem I've been running from my whole life. Come on, I mean I have to shave my legs EVERY day if i want them stubble free. I swear sometimes it grows back by 5 o' clock... my own 5 o' clock shadow! Annoying! I'm not looking forward to this if it's going to happen to me. Maybe I have so much hair that I'll be spared any further inconvenience... I'll be pitied (spelling on that??) because I already have enough hair to comp for at least two people.
Sometimes I wonder if I'm making myself worry about stupid things like this because I feel like it's been too easy so far. Everyone is always complained about all the inconveniences of being pregnant, now, granted, I'm only in the 1st trimester still and have a very long way to go still, but overall, thus far, it's been a breeze... most of the time, almost as if nothing is going on. That alone kinda scares me! I mean... no morning sickness, no constipation, no loss of appetite, no staining, spotting, or discharges of any kind, and no nauseating smells (except the celery incident, but that just smelled gross, didn't make me sick) I mean really, I've just been totally moody, nauseous when I'm hungry (but nothing unbearable), very fatigued, and sometimes a little bloated... oh! and I just started getting headaches. I wonder if some of that is related to how bad i was eating all week. So I know symptoms are different for everyone and not everyone has everything, but it's just overall so much easier then I thought or ever heard it'd be ( I may change my mind about that statement later on).... maybe God's taking it easy on me because He's aware of the extreme emotional battle I'm going to face during this whole thing... with Troy leaving while I'm bringing our first child into the world without him....
I am getting very impatient about showing though. I'm tired of having to tell people I'm pregnant because there's no way they can tell. One thing that's been kinda weird, that I'm thinking has to do with bloating or possibly my bowels is one day I'll look in the mirror and definitely look like I'm starting to show, then the next day I'll look basically back to "normal" non pregnant size. I have gained some weight i think, I mean, unless my tummy always had this extra little pooch, i mean i know it did, but it feels bigger then it used too. Its not like a had a flat six pack tummy before hand, but I swear its getting bigger, but it doesn't feel hard like a baby tummy, it just feels like I ate too many burgers and gained 5lbs in my tummy. Weird... maybe it's just the fact that before now It's an area of my body that I'd always wanted to work on toning up, but never cared THAT much or spent so much time looking at it, so maybe I always looked this way and just didn't realize it... Troy says my tummy looks a little fatter then before... but same thing, it's not like he ever paid this much attention to my tummy either. Aw, it will be exciting to see a big pregnant belly!
Heehee oh you are cracking me up, woman! You do have perfect teeth, I do not think that is any irrational fear what-so-ever :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for keeping me posted as promised!!
I seriously love reading about your pregnancy! You are hilarious! Just keep good maintenance in your mouth and you'll be fine! Oh, but maybe add a fluoride rinse to your routine? (like ACT?)
ReplyDelete